Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Cosmetic Safety

Hey Everyone,


Hope your all doing well. Over the past few months I have really been trying to use more organic, natural beauty products. It started with my shampoos actually. I have such flat, fine hair, that I found the regular shampoos were just adding weight and pulling it down. Lush had a sale awhile ago called the Big Hair Affair, and I decided to try some products out. I have been loving Big & American Cream ever since...

So I started thinking about all of the other products I use, and how many chemicals are in them. LovePeaceAndLipgloss is a user on youtube, and she showed me this amazing website:

http://www.cosmeticsdatabase.com

It is a site where you can enter in almost any beauty product, and they will give you a scoring for it. These score range from 1-10, 1 being not dangerous, and 10 being very dangerous. I was shocked at some of the results!

You can also search by product, to find items that are less dangerous.

I really recommend you all check this out. Think about what all of these harsh chemicals are doing to our bodies. Not only on the surface, like drying our skin out, but further down when it is actually absorbed, or even injested!!!

Just my thoughts for today :)

Let me know what you think of the site, and if there are any items that really surprised you!

xo
-Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment