Sunday, April 25, 2010

Relaxing day at the Spa... Sort of...

Hey Beauties,

So today was a slowww day. I am studying for my last exam, and finding it so hard to stay motivated, so of course I procrastinate. I have been using self tanner lately to try and give me that 'sun-kissed' glow, without getting burnt! (P.s I'm still really liking L'Oreal's Sublime glow self tanner in medium!) So I decided to do a face peel to get all the dead skin cells off before I apply my tanner.

This is soooo important! The top layer of cells on your skin are dead. When you apply moisturizer or self tanner, it is absorbed into these cells, and if they're already loose, they'll just fall off right away! You have to take off all the loose ones first, that way the tanner will last longer :)

Anwaysss

I applied my Vitamin C Re-texturising peel from The Body Shop.



It claims to "Instantly reveals a softer, smoother, radiant-looking complextion"

I've used this probably 5 times now, and its not bad. It has a lovely citrus smell, and a very sticky texture. You leave it on for 10-15mins, and then it hardens. You have to actually peel it off, which is gross because you can see all the dead skin coming off!


Peeling it off hurts a little bit, because the hairs on your face kinda get stuck in it. I do like the results though, and I do feel my skin looks fresh and vibrant.

I look ridiculous with is on... but here is a preview...



The major problem with it is the price. I always find the body shop products to be sooo expensive! I believe is was $20 ish... and for that reason I won't be repurchasing it. There are lots of other, cheap masks you can find!

Now go treat yourself to something nice! Indulge a little why don't cha!

xoxo
jg

No comments:

Post a Comment