I found a blog (http://www.pickthebrain.com/blog/36-ways-to-feel-absolutely-beautiful/)
that had this great list posted :) I think it is something we should all keep in mind on those days we're just feeling yucky...
Here are 36 ways to start feeling absolutely beautiful right now:
1. Smile. It lights up your face. It triggers happiness in your brain. It makes others feel happy.
2. Remember your posture. Stand up straight. Hold your head high. Throw those shoulders back. You look confident, energetic, amazing!
3. Focus on the best not the worst. Stop staring at
the wrinkle or the bulge. Quit comparing yourself to Patty Perfect. Let
your “worst” features recede and focus on your best instead. You have
far more beautiful features than you see!
4. Be amazed at the wonder of your body. No matter
your size, shape, or age, your body is a miraculous temple. Observe how
wondrously it operates to house the beautiful person you are.
5. Appreciate your flaws. You are part of the Great
Community of Flawed Persons. Welcome to the club. So embrace your flaws
as a reminder of your connection to humanity. Flawed is the new perfect.
6. Be expressive. When you are animated and expressive, the fullness of your personality shines through. What could be more beautiful?
7. Get excited. Allow yourself to be enthusiastic
and excited about life. Don’t let your concerns about appearance hold
you back from embracing the beauty of living. It will reflect back on
8. Break a sweat. Get some exercise. Put on that lovely spandex and move your beautiful body. Get an endorphin high. Let your hair get sweaty and greasy. Through the sweat you are shining like star!
9. Practice beautiful movement. Try ballet, tai chi, yoga or some other movement that is fluid and allows your body to respond in beautiful new ways.
10. Acknowledge your inner beauty. Get pen and paper
and write down all of the beauty that you do, that you give, that you
create, and that you are. You are a powerhouse of beauty.
11. Show kindness. A kind person is exquisite in their beauty. It shines from them like a beacon of hope and peace.
12. Don’t try too hard. Don’t overdo it with make-up
or clothes. Don’t spend thousands getting surgery. Don’t exercise
yourself to death. When you try too hard, you look desperate. It’s hard
to feel beautiful when you feel desperate.
13. Don’t act your age. Your age doesn’t define you
or your capacity for beauty. In fact, age ripens you and provides a
lushness to your bad, beautiful self! Live the age you feel.
14. Create something. Creativity is the handmaiden
of beauty. Creativity is beauty expressing itself through you. Paint,
write, garden, scult, cook, sew, decorate — be creative and you will
feel beauty spilling out of every pore.
15. Inspire others. As the poet Rumi writes, “Let
the beauty we love be what we do.” Do beautiful things. Live beauty. Be
beauty. You will inspire others through your beauty.
16. Stop your thoughts. It’s hard to feel beautiful
when your brain is whirring away like a ticker tape with negative
thoughts about your appearance or age. When you are trapped in those
thoughts, stop yourself and redirect your thinking.
17. See yourself through the eyes of a loved one. View yourself the way those dearest to you see you. Offer yourself the love they offer you. Feel the beauty they feel around you.
18. Connect with the beauty of nature. You are part
of the natural world in all of its infinite glory and seasonal changes.
As you experience nature, become aware of your connection to the beauty
19. Listen to beautiful music. Certain music speaks to your soul. It touches and enlivens the most spiritual and beautiful parts of ourselves. Listen to Brandenburg Concertos #5 by Bach to feel your beauty come alive.
20. Make love. No explanation needed.
21. Wear clothes well. If you aren’t a natural at
dressing to suit your body type, age, and coloring, find someone to help
you find clothing highlight the beauty inside of you.
22. Hug often. Share loving physical touch with friends and family. It’s a beautiful thing!
23. Get enough sleep. You know what lack of sleep
does to your appearance, not to mention your mental health. A good
night’s sleep is a mini facelift!
24. Dance. Dance alone. Dance with a partner. Dance
like no one is watching. Dancing makes you feel like a beautiful child,
carefree and happy.
25. Update your make-up. Make sure your make-up
doesn’t look dated, too heavy, or just wrong. Sometimes we get stuck in
make-up ruts. An new look can highlight your most beautiful features.
26. Have a beautiful mind. Don’t corrupt your mind
with ugly thoughts about yourself or others. Don’t dwell on unpleasant
things. Don’t watch violence or negative programs or movies. Fill your
thoughts with loveliness.
27. Stop smoking. It ages your skin, it smells bad,
it’s bad for you, and it doesn’t reflect self-love. Dropping this bad
habit will instantly make you feel more beautiful.
28. Be outgoing, even if it’s hard. Initiate
conversations. Show interest in people. Make introductions. Smile.
Bridging the gap between stranger and friend feels beautiful.
29. Do physical work. If you have a desk job,
sometimes you miss the beauty of a task completed with the physical
evidence of your accomplishment. Do something physical
like washing the car, raking leaves, gardening, etc. to see the fruits
of your labor. Moving, working, accomplishing — that feels beautiful!
30. Take care of your teeth. Since you are now
smiling often, you want your teeth to look their pearly best. White,
clean teeth make you look ten years younger. Plus, it’s hard to smile if
you are embarrassed about your teeth.
31. Create beauty around you. Let your surroundings
reflect the beauty inside of you. Remove clutter. Clean windows. Add
flowers. Let your home be filled with your beauty.
32. Cook a beautiful meal. Well-prepared, healthy, and delicious food prepared by loving hands is beauty for the mouth and the soul.
33. Reduce stress. Anxiety, a furrowed brow, a tense
frown, hunched shoulders are all the physical manifestations of stress.
Find the cause of your stress and do something to relieve it. Shine the
light of your beauty on the situation. It might dissolve.
34. Exude self-confidence. Show the world that you
know you are beautiful where it counts. Your self-confidence rises in
direct proportion to your self-acceptance. Love the unique and beautiful
person you are and share that with the world.
35. Dress up. Life has gotten increasingly casual.
Dress up on occasion. In fact, be the best dressed person in the room.
Wear red! Turn a few heads.
36. Express gratitude. Be grateful for everything
you are and everything you have. The handful of complaints you have
about your appearance is nothing compared to the cornucopia of blessings
that surround you. Bathe in the beauty of your blessings, and it will
transform you from the inside out.