Friday, March 5, 2010

The not so green, Green Smoothie

Here I give my recipe for a quick, green smoothie, thats not green!

Green smoothies have so many health benefits! You can get so many vitamins and minerals from it, and so many servings of fruits and veggies. Here is how I make my smoothies.

In a large blender combine:

1.5 cups of water
2 handfuls of spinach
And any other greens such as kale or collards. This is where the name "green smoothie" comes from!

And blend until a liquid.

Then add...

A banana
An apple or nectarine (whatever is avaliable)

Or any other fresh fruits you feel like. The fruits, espcially bananas, will mask any bitter taste from the greens.

And blend.

Then add...

.5-1 cup of frozen mixed berries

These will change the colour to more of a purple, making it look more appealing. It will also add cold to cool down the drink.

Finally...

Add any other supplements you'd enjoy such as Flax seed oil, coconut oil, or any other good fats.

And blend it all together!

Pour in a big glass, and look, you've got something like 5 servings of fruits and veggies already!

Try this out, and let me know what you think!

xo

jg

Ps. I am not a doctor or a trained dietician. I am just speaking from my own personal experience. I recommend everyone to see their family doctor before changing their lifestyle.

No comments:

Post a Comment