Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Healthy Snack Ideas: After a workout

Hey Beauties!

So I just got back from the gym, and decided to make myself a lovely snack. Its 3:30pm, so right between lunch and dinner. This is a great time to replenish the fuel in your body in general, but especially after a workout.

So for a snack today I made:



- 1 apple
- 1 stick of cheese (about 1 inch, by 4 inch, by .5 inch)
- 1 Wasa Rye Cracker
- 2 tbsp of Hummus

I love this snack because it has every food group. The apple is the fruit, carbohydrate & fibre, the cheese is the dairy and protein, the hummus adds more protein, and the cracker adds a little fibre and carbohydrates. What a beautifully balanced meal :)

I also washed it down with a biggggg glass of water. Its so important to replenish your body's water stores after sweating so much!

Try it out!

xo

jg

No comments:

Post a Comment